Thanks to Sarah at Nurse Loves Farmer for posting these fun Christmas Questions to get us in the Christmas spirit!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Starbucks Hot Chocolate! Yum!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa never wrapped my presents but he wrapped Christopher's. I guess we will just wait and see what he does for Evie!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White! I do red, gold and green as my Christmas colors. I am very traditional this way. Don't even get me started on Snowmen. My hatred for them is unnatural and genetic.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Only if hubby is around. Or maybe in Evie's room; I could always use another reason to kiss those adorable cheeks! But no, because I think the fake stuff looks weird and the real stuff could kill our cats. We also don't put out poinsettias!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Sometime after Thanksgiving!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Roast Beef! My Grandma (Evie's namesake) always served roast beef for Christmas. When my mom and dad got married she continued the tradition for him. I'll continue it as well!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? William and I making our "Christmas Morning Plans". We would plot out and draw maps on how whoever woke up first would sneak into the other's room to wake him or her up. They got more elaborate as we got older. When we lived in Germantown they involved utlizing the secret passageway between our rooms, even though we had Jack-n-Jill style bathrooms.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean the truth about Santa? You must be referring to the fact that I wanted to marry him when I was little and discovered he already had a wife!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Only the one, which is always new Christmas PJs! Except last year when I was hugely preggo and they had to be ordered and shipped late. I got them a few days after Christmas!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lots of red and gold balls and ornaments plus a lot of personal ones! We have a 9 ft pre-lit with white lights!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? As long as I can stay at home, I love it! Try to make m drive in it (even though I have plenty of snow -not ice- driving experience thanks to CO) and I will curse your name vehemently!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes! I can!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes! When I was 20 Santa brought me a big bag full of puppy stuff and a coupon for a new puppy! That is when I got Maggie!
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and the friends we call family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hmmm. It'd have to be grassroots fudge pie!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Candle Light Christmas Eve service and dinner at Macaronni Grille after.
17. What tops your tree? A star right now, but I'd like to find an angel like I grew up with!
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both please!
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yummy!
20. Favorite Christmas show? Elf! I love it! That and Santa Claus: The Movie! Oh, and The Grinch (the newer one)!
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Silent Night
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Ave Maria sung by Josh Groban or Silent Night. I tend to gravitate towards the more religious Christmas songs. I could name 1,000! And yes I know Ave Maria is not technically a traditional Christmas song, but it is on Josh Groban's album and I love it!
Also, please note, I totally respect "The Bird" I am just extra excited for Christmas this year since it'll be Evie's first one!
Fill out your own, link back and have fun! :)