Life is hectic beyond belief right now. Between missing tons of work when Evie had croup and then even more work for her pre-anesthetic visit and surgery I am barely keeping my head above water at work. I'm shoveling random food in my mouth at lunch time as I furiously calculate, write and type. At home it's just as chaotic, except there I have a toddler girl who has suddenly decided that she must get into every living thing and that being chased is like, you know, the coolest thing ever. I also have a mountain of laundry that actually growled at me yesterday; it's turning into a living breathing being, I just know it.
Add that to the fact that Chris is in Chicago on business and that this weekend we are going to be in NOVA for a wedding and I am freaking out.
There is so much I want to blog about, so many things I want to share like,
- How I made shrimp and grits for the first time and it was ah-mazing
- How proud of myself I am for handling my anxiety without meds while Evie was in surgery.
- Evie fed the giraffes at our local zoo and it was incredible and she loved it.
- How Evie started saying Mama (and she knows what it means!!!) and how hearing two syllables from her mouth can turn me into a big ole Mama puddle.
- How I am beyond impatient for our trip to Destin in July, and excited that we'll be cloth diapering on the road, but still anxious. I am worried about the water quality and for the life of me I can't find any information on wether or not Destin has hard water or soft water. I just need to know if I need to buy some different rockin' green! So if any of my Southern gals know the answer, help a sister out ok?.
- How I am super excited to meet my hubby in D.C. this Wednesday and spend a day sight seeing before heading to Ashburn for the wedding. We are having our anniversary dinner right across from the Whitehouse at a restaurant that is just right up my alley! I can't remember the last time we had a date night or just some alone time so I am really stoked about this weekend.
- And how even though I am looking forward to this mini getaway I am in a state of near panic because this is the farthest and longest I have ever been away from Eive. And how if one more person tells me she will be fine I might explode, because of course she will be, but maybe I just want someone to say they understand.
I want to tell you about all of that and more. I promise I will someday. Just maybe not someday soon!
PS Get excited because this week while I am away I have some AMAZING guest posters lined up for y'all!