At some point earlier this spring I began to notice that a lot of people that I follow on Instagram were stopping off at getting these drinks that looked like a giant margarita with a bottle of Corona stuck upside down in it.
"What is this deliciousness?" I said to myself. So, I did a little good old fashioned Googling and discovered The Margarona.
And Lo, the angels started singing. Ok not really. In fact the first time I tried it I was all like, "Eww. Gross." because after you drink the margarita part down, all you taste is beer, through a straw. Yuck. So then I tried it where I just mixed the beer into the margarita, and then it was yummy!
This is the recipe I came up with Margaronas. I've made it with lemonade concentrate too and plan on trying it with strawberry too! It's a little sweet, a little sour and a lot delicious! I don't even try to make this skinny. Go ahead and indulge!
- 8 oz tequila
- 4 oz triple sec
- 1 can of frozen limeade concentrate
- 3 TBS - 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1-3 cups of ice
- 1 bottle of Corona or Corona lite
- 1/2 lime, cut into four wedges
- In a large blender combine tequila, triple sec and limeade mix.
- Add sugar to taste. I like them sweet so I use 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Add ice to taste. We like ours really frosty so I add lots.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Remove to large pitcher and pour in one bottle of Corona, stir gently to combine.
- If you like salt the rim of your glass, pour the goodness in, garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
- This serves four.