Alright here we go folks, the good, the bad and the downright flameworthy (thanks Melissa for that term). These are my momfessions.
1) Sometimes Evie eats the most random dinners because I am so far past tired that pulling out and reheating leftovers is all I can do. The other night she ate left over au gratin potatoes, green beans and fish dip (tuna fish salad) on crackers. She loved it. I felt terrible but I was so tired I could barely see straight.
2) Sometimes, in my head, I STILL judge other moms. I try hard not to but sometimes I can't help it. I never voice any of it, but I can't help thinking it. I might share with my husband, but that's about it. I think we're all guilty of it though.
3) Once Evie rolled off of her changing mat onto the floor while both her father and I were in the room. Talk about parents of the year. I still don't know how it happened, but it did. I also managed to scratch Evie as I tried to keep her from falling. The tears were minimal and between the efforts of her father and I she really landed in my lap, but it was still an awful awful moment. Oh and did I mention this happened on Mother's Day. Yeah. FTW.
4) If I wake up in the middle of the night to pee I sneak out of our room and into the nursery to snuggle Evie back up in her blankets if she needs it and just to watch her breathe. She's so peaceful and calm. I'll stand there for five, ten maybe even twenty minutes just drinking in this tiny human that I grew in my belly and basking in my love for her. I realize that might make me sound all creepy and whatnot but I can't help it.
5) Evie has been licked in the mouth by our dogs. I try really hard to stay on top of this. I do not mind if they lick her hands and face, but I'm not real big on the mouth thing. And with four dogs and a very active toddler sometimes I can't prevent it I just have to stop it when it happens. I tell myself that I used to willingly share popsicles with my dog Heidi when I was a kid and I am no worse for the wear.
So what are you momfessions? Link up with Melissa at Growing Up Geeky and share!