- 1 box yellow cake mix (and all ingredients listed on the back of the box minus the oil)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can cream of coconut
- 1 bag of sweetened flake coconut, divided
- 1 tub of frozen whipped topping
What You'll Need To Do:
- Measure out about 1/3 cup of coconut, set aside for later.
- Combine all ingredients to make the cake. Replace the oil with melted butter. Make sure you let your butter cool slightly so it doesn't cook the eggs!
- Mix in the rest of the bag of coconut until the mixture is uniform.
- Bake the cake in a 13x9 pan according to the package instructions until done or when the cake springs back at the touch and a cake tester comes out clean.
- While the cake bakes mix the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk until combined. (HINT: if your cream of coconut comes out of the can and it seems to be solid chunks in a liquid put it in a microwave safe bowl and zap on five second intervals stirring between each one. It will combine back together. This happens to me a lot.)
- When the cake is done remove from the oven. While the cake is still hot from the oven poke it all over with the end of a wooden spoon (the wooden spoon needs to have a end that is a circle not flat or square).
- Once you've poked holes and while the cake is still hot, pour the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cake. If it pools a bit on the edges no big deal, just spread it around a bit. The cake with soak up every single bit!
- Now cool your cake.
- Once your cake is cool, spread all over with the whipped topping and sprinkle the remaining coconut on top. You can of course toast your coconut. We don't particularly care for it in our house so I don't!
Now, enjoy your cake and enjoy all the compliments!