- 2 boxes of chocolate cake mix
- 3 sticks of butter, melted (you read the title of this recipe yes?)
- 1 cup of evaporated milk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups candy pieces (you can change this based on the holiday)
- 50 caramels, unwrapped
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 13x9 cake pan.
- Using an electric mixer combine cake mixes, melted butter and 2/3 cup of milk in a large bowl (the mixture should be fudgy and thick).
- Pat half the cake mixture into the bottom of the pan. You really have to pat it; it is too thick to spread.
- Put in the oven and bake 8-10 minutes.
- While it is baking combine caramels and remaining evaporated milk in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for one minute, stir and repeat until milk and caramels are completely combined.
- When the cake mixture is done baking remove and top with half each of chocolate chips, nuts and candy. Then pour all of the caramel mixture on top.
- Let the caramel cool for about five minutes, then pat the remaining cake mixture on top.
- Top with the remaining chocolate chips, nuts and candy.
- Bake for an additional 30-40 minutes, or until a tester inserted near the middle comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven let cool before slicing into bars.
Find all of the Christmas Cookie Exchange Recipes from these fabulous bloggers below!